We are currently recruiting a role for one of the world\’s leading Universities. This is a temporary Development Assistant role to start ASAP with a duration of four to six weeks. You will be providing vital administrative support to the Development teams in the Faculty of Engineering and the Business School and wider support to the Advancement Division. The post holder will also work closely with the Heads of Development for these areas, ensuring that their time is used to best effect to maximise philanthropic income for the College. Key responsibilities will include drafting correspondence and reports, data entry and analysis, preparing presentations, assisting with projects, making travel arrangements, diary management as well as other office administration.
You will need to be a proactive self-starter, able to work efficiently, build strong relationships, work well both independently and with others, solving problems, providing information and workable solutions to issues as required. The ability to prioritise tasks effectively and communicate clearly is essential.
- Managing and maintaining excellent relations with prospects, client representatives and external suppliers as well as all key internal and external stakeholders
- Attending regular meetings to review the status and strategies including taking minutes
- Performing detailed manipulation and analysis of data about prospects and donors
- Working with the wider Division to ensure that the main alumni and donor database, The Raiser\’s Edge, is the sole and accurate source of data on all prospects and alumni for the College
- Maintaining donor and prospect records on Raiser\’s Edge including keeping contact details up to date, running basic reports and queries and presenting the results for internal or external audiences
- Adding and producing actions, including correspondence, meetings and contact reports
- Maintaining awareness of College funding priorities and articulating these clearly
- Drafting agendas, minutes and action points for team meetings
- Researching, collating, organising and editing material for inclusion in letters, proposals and reports for internal and external audiences
- Maintaining a tracking and filing system to manage both paper and electronic files and correspondence
- Completing research tasks independently using desk-top media, databases and other resources and presenting results clearly, concisely and appropriately for the relevant audience.
- Maintaining annual leave and sickness records for the team
- Processing financial requirements such as expense claims, credit card statements, raising purchase orders
- Providing full support for a heavy meetings schedule, including complex diary management, coordinating meetings and distributing of papers
- Managing complex international travel arrangements including accommodation, and all aspects of itineraries
If you feel that you fit the above criteria then please apply today by submitting your CV to us.
Please note due to the high volume of applications that we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database once we have contacted you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to How We Use Your Personal Information.